This past weekend we visited Crafted Taphouse + Kitchen and had the best spicy margarita. While we don’t totally know the recipe, Ty helped me figure out what was probably in it and we’re going to test it out this weekend with my new mason jar shaker lids. Here’s our stab at the recipe. Enjoy!
- Kosher salt and a lime wedge to rim the glass
- 1 shot of blanco tequila
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (freshly squeezed is critical)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light agave nectar (2 if you prefer a sweeter ‘rita)
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeno pepper cut into thin, round slices (add more for a spicier ‘rita)
Pour a thin layer of salt onto a small plate and then rub a lime wedge around the top of your glass. Dip the glass into the salt.
Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
Fill your mason jar shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, agave, and jalapeno slices.
Close it tightly and shake pretty vigorously for a full 30 seconds.
Strain it into the rimmed glass.
- Add a lime wedge and enjoy!